Saturday, November 21, 2009


It has been many weeks since I have added anything to the blog. We sure have been busy for not having anything to do. The company lost the contract I was working on in Virginia and its sister site in New Mexico. It had a huge impact as those two sites kept6- 8 people busy full time. So we are still trying to recover. They laid off two people in the electrical department, a mechanical designer and an architect. Work is starting to pick up a little bit as the stimulus money starts to hit the engineering tables, I think people expected miracles with the stimulus money but from the engineering and construction it typically takes 4-6 months to write the scope and prepare the request for proposal, another two months to get bids, 4-6 months to design the project another 3 months to bid before the actual construction starts. We are proposing on two air force projects right now and the schedule to start construction is third quarter 2010. Anyway they have my name in the pot for some projects in Virginia with the same group I was working with but at a different site.


We are staying home for Thanksgiving. Jean has invited us there for dinner and to spend the day. Do not know yet what we will do for Christmas. Travel someplace if the office decides to shut down for the week between Christmas and New Year.


Jana and I made a trip down to El Paso for church meetings in October. We had a good trip- took the BWM and weather nice enough to ride with the tip down. It has turned cold here so have had the top up for over a week, probably a record since I have had the car (almost two years).


I decided to take piano lessons so will have my first lesson today. My teacher is an older man named Craig Brown. He has a studio here in Albuquerque. I post the outcome when I have the first lesson under my belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment